Frequently Asked Questions
How are LLM’s lectures delivered?
- During the pandemic, LLM’s lectures are offered virtually as Zoom webinars
- The speaker presents the lecture for approximately an hour, then there is a ten-minute break followed by a Q&A segment
- Traditionally, i.e. before COVID-19, LLM’s lectures have been held in person in local community spaces
- The speaker presented the lecture for approximately an hour, then there was a 20-minute coffee and tea break followed by a Q&A segment
Will the lectures be recorded for viewing another time?
- No, the lectures will not be recorded for this purpose
- Although we cannot be together during the pandemic, LLM is trying to simulate our traditional in-person lectures as closely as possible, which includes everyone gathering at 10:00 AM on Tuesdays and *Thursdays, and having the opportunity to ask questions and contribute ideas during the Q&A segment
*Tuesdays and WEDNESDAYS during the spring of 2021
How do I find out about upcoming lecture series?
- Information about current and future lecture series is posted on the LLM website, lifelonglearningmississauga.ca
- Participants in past lecture series will receive an email announcing the next season’s series
- During current lectures, participants will hear announcements about the next season’s lectures
- Because both of these approaches have limited reach, please spread the word about upcoming LLM lectures to any friends who might be interested in attending
When can I register for a lecture series?
- Registration for the next lecture series begins two weeks before the end of the current lecture series
How can I register for the next series?
- When ticket sales open, a registration link on the LLM website will take you to Eventbrite to purchase tickets
- Registration for in-person lectures was limited by the facility’s capacity, identified in the facility’s fire code
- Registration for virtual lectures might be limited
- Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis
- Registration for in-person lecture series closed one week before the start of the lectures
- Registration for virtual lectures will close a few days before the beginning of the lecture series
How will I know if I have successfully registered for a lecture series?
- Once you have registered for a lecture series you should receive an acknowledgement from Eventbrite
- The day before each lecture you will receive an email from LLM with your link to join the webinar
- Should you NOT receive the email with the link to the lecture the day before, please email Tech Support
Can I register for part of a series or for a single lecture?
- No, registration will not be possible after the close of ticket sales a few days before the beginning of the lecture series
Can I get help if I have trouble registering for a lecture series?
- Email Tech Support or phone 647-300-4878 and a volunteer will get back to you within a couple of days
- Unfortunately, LLM does not have the resources to assist with your home technology but you will find helpful introductory videos on the Zoom website, www.zoom.us
Can I get a refund for a ticket purchased?
- Under special circumstances, such as a serious illness, refunds will be offered at LLM’s discretion
- No refunds will be offered later than the day before a lecture series begins
- To inquire about a refund, please email Refunds